Our members consist of (ISC)² credentialed professionals who hold either an SSCP, CAP, CSSLP and/or a CISSP or advanced concentration certification as well as non-credentialed professionals who have an interest in learning and practicing information security.
Our chapter program is focused on sharing knowledge and exchanging ideas among security professionals in the local area. Ultimately, we want to advance the field of information security by educating practitioners and the public at large on how to protect and defend against security threats.
For more information about membership and benefits: East Bay Chapter Brochure. If you wish to join our chapter, complete the East Bay Chapter Membership Application Form. Please reach out to our membership director firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Current Board Members
- President Robin Basham
- Vice President Istvan Berko
- Treasurer and Finance Director Gary Dylina
- Secretary Carmen Parrish
- Director Technology Craig Porter
- Director Marketing & Communication Krishnan Thiruvengadam
- Director of Education & Career Development Jack Rasmus-Vorrath
- Director of Outreach Maura Jones
Open Board Positions
- Director Membership – Currently covered by the Secretary
- Director Programs – Currently covered by the President
- Conference Director – Robin Basham – We look forward to adding members to the Conference Committee
Previous Board Members
Lee Neely and Tom Rogers
Conference Committee: Maura Jones, Ed Glover, Asha Kumar, Sean Cordero, Carmen Parrish, Gary Dylina, and Rizwan Ashraf
We’d like to especially thank Jason Hoffman and Rizwan Ashraf for arranging our sponsorship at Saba Software.
Chapter Membership Requirements
- Complete the Membership Application
- Subscribe to the (ISC)2 Code of Ethics
- Pay required annual membership dues
There are several benefits to being a member of an (ISC)2 Chapter. Not only will you gain a sense of fellowship with colleagues in your profession, but you will be able to network and exchange knowledge with fellow (ISC)2 credential holders and other information security professionals in your local area.
- Engage in leadership roles
- Earn CPEs by participating in professional activities
- Receive special discounts on (ISC)2 products and programs
- Participate in co-sponsored events with other industry associations
- Assist (ISC)2 initiatives by speaking at industry events or writing articles for publication
- Participate in local community outreach projects (public service) to educate people about information security
(ISC)2 offers special discounts to (ISC)2 Chapter members on the following items:
- Promotional merchandise at the (ISC)2 Store
- (ISC)2 Security Leadership Series events (for non-(ISC)2 members)
- Special discounts are available on (ISC)2 Education products*
(*inquire with an (ISC)2 Certification Consultant for details)
For more information on (ISC)2 chapters see: